Mathematics with Applications to Neuroscience
LMAH - Université du Havre, France
Thursday May 16, 2013
The Lab of Mathematics of Le Havre university (LMAH) investigates complex systems as a unifying theme, in particular dynamical systems and applications to the living systems, (brain dynamics, ecosystems, ...). It organizes this year a workshop on Mathematics with Applications to Neuroscience. Main topics of interests are Dynamical Systems, PDE, ODE, SDE, ...) as well as
- 09h00 : Welcome, Coffee & posters
- 10h10-10h55 : Jean-Pierre FRANCOISE (Laboratoire J.-L. Lions, UMR 7598 CNRS, Paris-6)
Dip and Buffering in a fast-slow system associated to Brain Lactate Kinetics
- 10h55-11h40 Viktor JIRSA (Institut de Neurosciences des Systèmes, Aix-Marseille)
Invariances and bifurcations of epileptic seizures
- 11h40-12h25 Mario CHAVEZ (CNRS-UMR 7225, Institute for Brain and Spinal Cord, Paris)
Simple introduction to complex brain networks
- 12h25-14h15 lunch
- 14h15-15h00 Jacques DEMONGEOT (AGIM CNRS/UJF 3405, Univ. J. Fourier Grenoble I, France)
Robustness in Neural and Genetic Regulatory Networks : Mathematical Approach and Biological Applications
- 15h00-15h45 Nikola POPOVIC (School of Math. & Maxwell Institute, Univ. Edinburgh, UK)
Three Time-Scales in an Extended Bonhoeffer-van der Pol Oscillator
- 15h45-16h05 Coffee break & posters
- 16h05-16h50 Maciej KRUPA INRIA, Paris Roquencourt)
- 16h50 End of the day.
You are cordially invited to participate in this one-day workshop, scheduled on 16th May, 2013, (09h45 - 17h15). The workshop is FREE, (Entrée libre, pas de frais d’inscription).
University of Le Havre, UFR-ST, LMAH (Applied Math Lab.)
25 Rue Philippe Lebon, Le Havre, France.
The university is located 5 minutes walk from the train station.