Master in energy and aerothermochemistry, option real flows (honours), UMR 6614 CORIA / University of Rouen.
PhD thesis in physics-energy directed by Prof. Ledoux, entitled “High Pressure Diesel Jet in near and far field: Study by imaging" (Research fellow). Thesis defended on December 16, 2003 at INSA of Rouen (very honourable mention with the congratulations of the jury), UMR 6614 CORIA / University of Rouen Monitorat at INSA of Rouen.
Temporary teacher and researcher UMR 6614 CORIA / University of Rouen.
Lecturer at the INSA of Rouen. Teaching in the Science and Techniques for Engineers department. Researcher at UMR 6614 CORIA, Optics and Lasers department.
October 2nd, 2014
Habilitation to Direct Research sustained at the University of Rouen on October 2, 2014. “Contribution to the development of the metrology of nanoparticle aggregates and the characterization of soot particles".
Development of optical metrology for the characterization of soot nanoparticles produced during combustion processes and all processes exploiting thermal energy (size, shape, radiative properties, composition).
- Physics of aerosols and fractal aggregates of nanoparticles,
- Combustion processes at the source of carbon nanoparticle emissions,
- Modelling of the light-particle interaction based on numerical work in strong international collaboration (USA, Canada, Chile) in order to enhance the precision of optical techniques,
- Nanoparticle metrology (conventional methods, development and experimental implementation of optical techniques),
- Radiative and morphological properties of carbonaceous aerosols at source and in the atmosphere,
- Health impact of soot particles (Pufbio project (ANSES) in progress with the UFR of Medicine).
Lecturer at INSA Rouen Normandie. Science and Technology Department for Engineering and Energy and Propulsion.
- Fluid Mechanics.
- Kinetic theory of gases.
- Projects of physics: Manager / organizer / supervisor.
- Thermal transfer (INSA – energy performance field).
- Radiative heat transfer (INSA – energy and propulsion department).
- Programming course in Scilab language (SPMI Doctoral School).
- CNRS Thematic School “Dust, from the troposphere to the interstellar medium" from 28 to 26 March 2014 in Les Houches.
- MASTER EFE: Energy, Fluids and Environment “Radiation of particles in flames particulate aspect" 2014-2015 (University of Rouen).
- MASTER Energy, Fluids and Environment “Metrology and radiative properties of soot particles" 2015-2016 (University of Rouen).
- CNRS Thematic School “Soot" from 15 to 19 May 2017 in Obernai.
- Supervision of students on internships of more than 2 months: 26.
- Head of the STPI department at INSA Rouen Normandy: 2021-2024.
- Elected member of the laboratory council of UMR6614 CORIA: 2008-2012, 2017-2021
- Elected member of the STPI Departmental Council of INSA Rouen: 2009-2013, 2017-2021
- Member of the thesis observatory of UMR6614 CORIA: 2009-2016
- Quality Manager of the Technical Sciences for Engineers Department (STPI) of INSA Rouen: 2011-2020
- Director of Studies of the Science and Techniques for Engineers Department (STPI) of INSA Rouen: 2018-2019
- Elected member of the UMR6614 Scientific Council CORIA: 2012-2017
- Elected member of the Scientific Council of the INSA of Rouen: 2014-2018
- Member of the “instrumentation" working group of the Nanometrology Club
- Member of the AFVL: French Association of Laser Velocimetry
- Member of the Groupement Français de Combustion
- Member of the steering committee of GDR 3622 “SUIE".
- Member of the board of the ASsociation Française d’Etudes et de Recherche sur les Aerosols since 2017.
- Member of the advisory board of the International Workshop on Laser-Induced Incandescence (LII).
Keywords of the research activity by J. Yon.
Participation on thesis juries
Doctoral and Post-Doctoral supervision
Scientific articles in international journals (Rank A)
Participation in scientific projects or contracts